What information the Surrey School of Reflexology holds and what the Principal does with it
In order to give professional learning oppotunities and follow up support to students the following information will be held:
Your contact details
Case studies submitted (if relevant)
Details of certificates issued and records of students’ progress.
I will NOT share your information with anyone else (other than appointed course tutors (for example if a complaint is raised), or as required for quality verification purposes by the IFR or IEB, for legal process, or on your request to confirm that you have completed my course satisfactorily) without explaining why it is necessary, and getting your explicit consent.
I will NOT share your information with anyone else (other than with:
- An internal verifier
- An external verifier (normally someone from the Awarding Body)
- The Awarding body
- The International Federation of Reflexologists (if required for quality verification purposes),
I may contact you using the contact preferences you give me in relation to:
- Providing you with additional supporting material for the course
- Reflexology information or information related to health
- Future training events, special offers and promotions (you may unsubscribe from this at any time)
Protecting Your Personal Data
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed: To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access: To see your tutor’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification: To tell your tutor to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”): For you to request your tutor to erase any information they hold about you
- The right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right to request limits on how your tutor uses your personal information
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object: To be able to tell your tutor you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office: To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.